Hollywood hair was for learning the techniques that we think of when we think of old Hollywood actress’s with the heated rolled hair and sultry sweeping to the front of the hair.
Health and Safety:
- if you’re using a model place apron around the model to ensure the clothing is protected
- Wash hands
- Always check for contraindication’s such as infection, illness or allergies
Equipment need for look
- Heated Rollers
- Pintail Comb
- Black Roller Clip
- Paddle Brush
- hair spray
- tailed sectioning comb
- Allow the heated rollers to heat up; ensure you’ve spent enough time heating them so the hair rolls properly. To the touch the rollers should be hot enough to hold but for not a long period of time.
- Brush through the hair with a paddle brush removing all knots.
- Section the hair into a neat split and then divide the front of the hair with the back for application; pin the front sections for later.
- Start at the top of the head and layer the rollers in a brick format.
- when applying the roller place the hair in a straight up way to ensure more hair is fitted into the roller and the brick layering is neat.
- Place all rollers in the hair with the front of the hair being taken from the side of the face.
- Allow the rollers to set the hair so wait until cool or use hair dryer for a quicker process.
- Start to release the hair and gently brush out from the root but not all the way through just half way or so.
- Spray the hair with hairspray
- Style the hair